The right approach for every deal.
FOR EVERY REAL ESTATE DEAL, THE RIGHT APPROACH.
As published authors, frequent panelists at conferences, and law professors, our domestic and international lawyers have decades of commercial real estate experience. We also are experienced real estate litigators, bringing strong negotiation and risk mitigation skills to every transaction.
Harris Bricken Spain draws on its deep knowledge base in tax law, international law, corporate law, immigration law, and regulatory law in the context of your business’ real estate.
If you are considering investing in real estate, our real estate lawyers in Spain can help you close your transaction and navigate the bureaucratic hurdles that can make the process daunting. Our office in Barcelona makes us perfectly suited to help you leverage the best real estate opportunities.
In addition to conducting thorough due diligence on your targeted property, we can help you negotiate and draft the necessary contracts, expedite rental, touristic, or business permits, and provide the legal advice you need so your purchase closes successfully.
Our expertise covers the entire conveyance transaction and beyond, including issues regarding ownership, finance, taxes, and estate and inheritance issues. We will guide you through the transaction and help you resolve possible pitfalls in advance. We work with a vast network of trusted local and international professionals and we can put you in contact with Spain’s top realtors, bankers, and architects. We also assist in navigating Spanish bureaucracy and preparing all documentation, in closing transactions successfully in front of Spanish public notaries, and in getting the title registered.
Our real estate and tax services in Barcelona include the following:
- Due diligence on real estate investment opportunities, whether you are interested in office buildings, hotels, warehouses, or land, including zoning and land use regulatory restrictions
- Analysis of the investment and its financial feasibility, including tax planning
- Legal and tax advice on the vehicle of investment and its structure
- Setting up your Spain entity for the real estate purchase and securing your company’s Spanish tax ID
- Legal services related to the purchase transaction, including negotiating and drafting of contracts and reviewing public notary deeds
- Reviewing regulatory compliance, including confirmation of necessary documentation and processing of required permits, particularly tourist and rental permits
- Negotiating and drafting rental contracts
- Financial management of the real estate investment in Spain and assistance in opening a bank account and assisting with anti-money laundering clearances and financing
- Non-resident income tax and wealth tax returns
- Immigration law, including Spain Golden Visas
- Real estate litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Transactions and disputes.
We can help you close the deal.