INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
Build your brand – we’ll help you protect it.
PROACTIVE, WORLDWIDE PROTECTION FOR YOUR WORK.
You’ve worked hard creating products and building a unique brand. Let our team of internationally recognized intellectual property lawyers help protect them.
In today’s global economy, it is more critical than ever to protect your trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, confidential information, and other proprietary rights. With counterfeiting and other forms of infringement at an all-time high, owners of intellectual property rights must formulate and implement effective enforcement strategies, sometimes in foreign countries. Harris Bricken lawyers in Asia, Europe, and the United States regularly help our clients obtain protection for their intellectual property rights, and enforce those rights in multiple jurisdictions.
Harris Bricken also assists clients with intellectual property matters in a transactional setting. Whether we are performing intellectual property due diligence in anticipation of a merger or acquisition, assisting you with registering or transferring trademarks, or helping you navigate copyright laws in Spain, we have the technical know-how to support you.
We also help our clients manage their intellectual property, data privacy, and trade secret matters in the employer-employee context. Our lawyers have particular expertise in handling the special issues that can arise in different foreign countries, including emerging markets.
We represent clients in a broad range of industries, software, fashion, manufacturing, entertainment, agribusiness, gaming, controlled substances, and wine. Our extensive experience in these areas helps us provide intellectual property services that are smart, sustainable, industry-specific and cost-effective.
Our IP services include:
- Counseling on trademark, copyright, trade secret and other intellectual property matters in multiple jurisdictions
- European, Spanish, US and international trademark and copyright portfolio management
- Trademark searches and other pre-application advice in Europe, the US and in foreign countries
- Filing and prosecution of trademark and copyright applications in Europe, the US and in foreign countries, and post-registration maintenance
- Formulating and implementing country-specific investigations, anti-counterfeiting, misappropriation and other intellectual property enforcement strategies
- Trade secret Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Intellectual property, technology licensing, and transfer agreements
- Product distribution agreements
- Domain name disputes
- Help filing international trademarks, copyrights and patents with worldwide customs services
- Website audits for intellectual property and related issues
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures for handling intellectual property matters from a “best practices” perspective
- Advising on data privacy issues, including collecting, storing, using, and disclosing employee information
- Intellectual property due diligence in an investment (including M&A) setting
- Intellectual property litigation